Several common issues with Batt Vac are easily rectified with simple Maintenance.
- If the Batt Vac shuts off after running unattached this is normal, the Batt Vac is designed with an internal shut off switch to preserve pump and battery life. The pump will run for 15-20 seconds if not attached then once it determines the vacuum loss it will power down, just cycle the power switch on and off twice, the unit will reset and work as normal.
If the Batt Vac is cycling off and on more than normal there are a few possible problems.
- The suction cup could be dirty or damaged
- The surface needs to be cleaned or its on an uneven surface
- The battery may need to be charge
- A Check valve may be worn or has debris in it and needs replacement. Go to the CHECK VALVE section in the store tab above.
Solutions to these common problems:
- Clean and dry the suction cup and surface of vehicle with alcohol or a damp rag
- Charge battery if the cycle time is erratic or if the LEDs are blinking rapidly or more than normal. Charging takes 2-3 hours, you can monitor charging progress with the red light on the charger itself, once charged the light will turn green
- Less likely there may be a check valve inside the unit leaking slightly. The check valves are a wear item and are easily changed, just give us a call and we will ship one out to you.
- The Batt Vac will work in temperatures down to 15° but will not adhere properly to a wet or icy surface. Please clean and dry surface properly
"The Batt Vac line of products is the epitome of performance and a great investment for your tool cart! Time is money....save time and tools with Batt Vac!"